Salesforce Developer Org is a platform that allows developers to create, test, and deploy applications using the Salesforce platform. It provides a complete set of tools to build, customize, and test applications in a sandbox environment.
To create a Salesforce developer org, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the Salesforce Developer website at https://developer.salesforce.com/signup.
- Click on the “Sign Up” button.
- Fill out the registration form with your information, including your name, email address, and password.
- Check the box to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click on the “Sign me up” button.
- You will receive an email from Salesforce with a link to activate your account. Click on the link to activate your account.
- Once your account is activated, you will be redirected to the Salesforce Developer Dashboard.
- Click on the “New Salesforce Org” button.
- Fill out the form to create your new developer org, including the org name, type, and edition.
- Click on the “Create Org” button.
There are five different types of Developer edition orgs available in Salesforce.
- Essential edition
- Professional edition
- Enterprise edition
- Unlimited edition
- Developer edition
It is important to note that out of all these only Salesforce developer edition org is available freely. Salesforce org edition can be upgraded anytime by communicating with Salesforce executives.
You can check the current edition of your org by following these steps:
Set up ➡ Company information ➡ check “Organization edition” field
Congratulations!! You have successfully created a Salesforce developer org. You can now start getting your hands dirty on you org and upgrade your Salesforce skills.